Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Self Assessment

Reflection:

1. What progress have you made this quarter in your information literacy growth?

The progress I have made this quarter in my information literacy growth has been far more challenging than I expected. I have always been known to be a lazy person when it comes to doing research. I thought you need to be really smart to do a research but after this online library course, it has made researching much clearer than how I saw it before. I am now able to recognize and articulate my research, formulate a research question, and develop and apply search strategies with ease.

2. What areas of weakness have you identified in your information literacy growth?

The areas of weakness that I have identifies in my information literacy growth are Evaluate strategies and results, and revise them as needed, how to make effective use of traditional and new library resources and tools, describe research processes and communicate results, understand and apply principles of information ethics. These are the ones that I had trouble doing when I did the assignments that required these processes. As I took my time looking over the instructions and power points the instructor provided, the power point made it clear to me on how to do certain assignments.

3. What steps will you take in the next three to six months to continue your growth in information literacy?

The steps I will take in the next three to six months to continue my growth in information literacy will be similar to all the assignments that my instructor gave me from week one of this course. I will continue to practice my information literacy and apply them to my next quarter classes when necessary. In doing so, this will benefit my knowledge and will give me the strength to study harder in school.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling more confident in your search capabilities. It will help you to be more energetic about your research and searching.

    Part of the reason I put some of my class materials on a wiki is so that students can use them again, even after the class ends, so you can go back to the evaluation questions if you need to. Maybe that will help you continue to develop your evaluation technique.

    ReplyDelete