Research Log Entry 1
1. What is the main subject of your question?
-My subject question is Plants.
2. What subject guide or guides did you use to identify the relevant databases for your question?
-The subject guide or guides I used to identify the relevant databases for my question is Earth Science.
Database
1. Which database did you choose for your search?
-The database I chose to conduct my research is Geobase.
2. What terms did you enter to conduct your research?
-The terms I used to conduct my research is Coral Reef Plants.
3. How many results did you retrieve?
-83 results were retrieved.
4. If there were more than about 100 results, how did you refine your search terms to narrow your results/
-My results were less than 100.
5. Once you got your results to around 100 (or fewer), how did you determine they were meaningful?
-I determine my 83 results to be meaningful because I opened the first ten links and briefly skimmed through them and found out that they were all similar.
6. Which article did you choose? Give the bibliographic information for that article.
-The article I chose is The Coral, Solomon and Bismarck Seas Region
Title: The Coral, Solomon and Bismarck Seas Region
Author: Huber M.E. Baines G.B.K.
Edition: Volume 2
Publisher: Elsevier Inc
Place of Publication: Not specified
Date of Publication: 2000
7. How did you determine these articles were meaningful?
-I determine this article meaningful because out of all the articles I went looked through, this article has the title and the information that is closest to what I am looking for which is Coral Reef Plants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You did a good job on your search in GeoBase, but where is your second database? You were asked to search two.
ReplyDelete